Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / Bugs

Tips to debug a board that doesn't load?

Wekan/Bugs · March 21, 2019 at 3:23pm

Wekan / Bugs · March 21, 2019 at 3:23pm

Hi,

Lately I'm running quite frequently into boards that don't load, they look something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/XpnwmFi.png

When this happens, I typically log into the database and poll the "Activities" collection to see what was the last change in that board. Up to now, it normally was some kind of corrupt operation which I could undo manually.

Also, I can see an error in the browser javascript console, but I can't relate it to anything meaningful. Today, I'm getting a bunch of errors, but there is one read "uncaught typeError" which I copy below:

https://i.imgur.com/ZIRy6Eq.png

Of course, any help to debug this issue is appreciated, but what I'm really interested in knowing is a general procedure to debug these kind of errors, that would be great!

Thanks! Pedro

March 21, 2019 at 10:05pm

Hey @payala welcome to Wekan community. I would like I can help on that, but I cant. Hopefully Lauri @xet7 can or someone else.

What wekan version?

that mentions scrollHeight

I'll look is it possible to fix it automatically

Hi it's wekan version 2.51, I have reverted to 2.48 but it's not loading anymore. It's not happening on all boards.

I've also checked the database, but I can't find anything wrong. I've undone the last changes that I could see in the activities, but no effect either.

The closes issue I've found is https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/912

I'm thinking about giving a try to the wekan-cleanup scripts as mentioned in that issue.

I'll have a look at the issue you mention

I've also tried the "export board" and later "import board" from the json, but it's a pretty big board with attachments, and the import process breaks at some point, resulting in an incomplete board after import.

I can not make bug happen again in Wekan 2.51 by deleting custom field. Maybe there is some fix for that already.

The error seems to happen at client\components\sidebar.js:

calculateNextPeak() {
                  const altitude = this.find('.js-board-sidebar-content').scrollHeight;
                  this.callFirstWith(this, 'setNextPeak', altitude);
                  },

this.find('.js-board-sidebar-content') seems to be undefined, but that probably is just a side effect.

thanks for the pointers @xet7, I'll have a look at them.

I've had a look at both issues, they seem to be very related with custom fields. There are no custom fields used in this board. Actually, there is only one custom field in the whole db, and it's used by a different board. I think this is not really related.

@xet7 would you still recommend to run the wekan-cleanup script?

It's really a pity, because the symptoms of https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/1703 are so similar to mine, but I have no customfields in that board. And I also have queried the cards and all of them have an empty list for customfields.

It would be so nice to be able to see what data is screwing this up, I could debug the js side, but unfortunately I'm not familiarised with meteor/jade enough to find the problem.

I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if I can come up with some idea...

Download https://nosqlbooster.com/downloads and connect to localhost:27019 to look and edit database.

Maybe I can acess the backups of the database and do a diff...

it can also connect to remote server with ssh

Anyway, I need to go to sleep now. Please add new issue with all those above details and links to https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues so other Wekan contributors can also look at it too and provide bugfix as PR.

March 22, 2019 at 8:49am

I also needed to get some sleep :-)

I'm using robo3T as a mongo client, but I'm not completely happy, I'll give nosqlbooster a try.

I'm filling the issue in github, how can I see the node version that is running inside the snap container?

Admin Panel / Version

There is also Wekan version

March 23, 2019 at 7:47pm

OK, I found what was breaking it, I've updated the description in the issue in case you are interested.

like-fill