Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

How do you deal with 'done' card?

How do you deal with 'done' card?

Wekan / General · August 12, 2020 at 4:25pm

I'm wondering how you deal with done items, I see a few possibilities:

• Move to a done swimlane (can lead to a super long done column list)
  • Move to an archived done swimlane (extra clicks to get there)
  • Archive the card (extra clicks)
  • Delete the card (not desirable, loss of information)

I am doing number 1 right now.

Load previous messages

August 14, 2020 at 12:44pm

You can export board to Wekan JSON, and then delete cards from Wekan, so that way you can restore board from Wekan JSON if you need those cards later. That restores to new board, and you can copy those restored cards you need to your current board where you work. Later there will be possibility to import/export swimlane, list, etc

It depends what would you like to do

At Wekan code there is already examples how to duplicate board, export board, copy card, etc. So basically some new ways to copy/move/export/import can be added by anyone that has urgent need for those features.

Thanks @xet7 , I'm curious what do you do? Do you do number 1 as I have described and then when the project is complete you export the board?

August 14, 2020 at 2:06pm

If some board is full, I rename it for example to "Work 2020-07" and then start new board.

I do not export boards, because currently export to JSON does not export all data of board. I backup Wekan with mongodump

I use Wekan Snap version that automatically upgrades to newest Wekan version

with database migrations to new schema etc automatically

I also use Wekan Sandstorm version, there I backup grain by downloading to .zip file, or backup whole sandstorm to .tar file, as described in Sandstorm Backup page

And if I mess up something, I restore from backup

with mongorestore

Currently I'm fixing CSV export, and bug where only 20 newest comments are visible on card

I will also later add more import/export fixes, and ability to import/export from other apps

Locally I run wekan at desktop i5 computer that has SSD disk and 28 GB RAM

and remote server has NVME disk bare metal install with Wekan Snap and a lot of RAM

November 20, 2020 at 6:28pm

Hi Phil.

I´am do the "move to a 'done' swimlane". I also tryed out the "Archive the card". But with the possible options which will keep the Information (no card delete), i´m faced with the fact that the Card will ongoing show up on my calendar´s list. Do you have a solution for this? There is no need for a 'done' card to show up in my calendar list.

Thanks and Greetings

Edited

@thebigbloodyb If you move those done cards to another board, they don't show in current board's calendar. You can look at Board Settings / Rules, is it possible to automate it.

November 22, 2020 at 7:14pm

@thebigbloodyb If you move those done cards to another board, they don't show in current board's calendar. You can look at Board Settings / Rules, is it possible to automate it.

Hey @xet7 . Thats a simple but good idea. i will give this a try. Thank you!

November 27, 2020 at 7:50pm

@xet7 I think this will do it for me. Unfortunately the Rules are not editabel, is that true or did i miss this option? Thanks for your help!

November 28, 2020 at 8:55pm

November 29, 2020 at 7:10am

Thanks for the Information and your caring