Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

More Admin Users

More Admin Users

Wekan / General · December 17, 2020 at 4:24pm

So, I manage to make another user. Then I checked "admin" for another user. But some reason. I am the only one that gets the options like "+" for add boards. Which makes me only real admin user. Is that bug in my install. Or is there a difference between, me programmer main admin and other admins that I add to a board?

Load previous messages

December 18, 2020 at 8:19pm

Anyway, in that issue because I got feedback that adding restrictions is critical, because some BoardAdmin did lose important list permanently, because Normal user deleted it, I did implement those restrictions for free, without any payment, ahead of any paying customers. The correct solution would have been for waiting for funding for https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/3022 .

So Wekan global community at GitHub issues can argue about what is the correct way to handle permissions.

Usually when something is added or changed, it's some back-and-forth is something new better and worse than old behaviour how Wekan works.

When someone asked for limitations, I already new at this comment https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/3377#issuecomment-745115366 that I will receve some feedback about this :D

Anyway, Wekan is combination of feedback from all Wekan global users

I have continued maintaining Wekan for 4 years, because I got posifive feedback, sometime even a little funding, etc

First year I maintained Wekan as a hobby

After that someone at GitHub issues suggested bounties, so I added bounties and my Commercial Support https://wekan.team/commercial-support/ . Currently there is no bounties anymore, only Commercial Support is there.

Most of Wekan development still is by wordwide contributors of individuals and companies, and my free time. Only some part of development is funded by Commercial Support.

Also, I don't know what use cases other Wekan users have. I just listen to feedback at GitHub issues and Commercial Support, and implement what has been paid, or what I feel necessary.

Wekan has friendly welcoming community

Although, as a maintainer, when there is multiple opinions, I sometime need to decide what makes most sense.

(oops, seems I have been writing this like a book, just chatting with myself, maybe I should pause)

December 23, 2020 at 4:28pm

There is a lot to unpack here. I will look at all the points. Then come back with input