Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

old wekan data migration

old wekan data migration

Wekan / General · July 9, 2019 at 9:12pm

I noticed that wekan older version 2.7 or 2.8 was using mongodb 3, but now it's switched to 4.x, and the mongodump and mongorestore doesn't seem to be able to migrate the data from older wekan to newer wekan. What should I do.

thanks

July 9, 2019 at 9:37pm

mongorestore --drop --port 27019 --noIndexRestore

It's mentioned as recent addition to https://github.com/wekan/wekan/wiki/Backup

Wekan does create indexes automatically anyway.

I added that noIndexRestore because I had the same problem and found that solution

It's weird that's what I did according to your instructions, it didn't give any errors at all restoring from dump of old database to new, all msgs r showing data imported properly . However, It's just not effective at all. The only explanation to mr is the version was from 3 to 4. And when I ran Mongo dump to the new version of wekan, I always gave out some errors about system versions, and dumped three databases in totals though. Will post some error msg and detailed logs later when I'm home. Maybe you can shed some light. Thx a lot

sudo snap stop wekan

sudo snap start wekan

To run migrations

Or reboot server