Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Wekan watercooler

The Wekan watercooler

Welcome to the Wekan watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

July 17, 2019 at 12:21pm

If you use it only locally on your laptop, you do not need to change anything in docker-compose.yml, just do docker-compose up -d , it starts on port 80

for local network, you need to change ROOT_URL from localhost to your IP address, like http://192.168.1.100

and then on local network use wekan from other computers on that same address

July 18, 2019 at 9:55am

Hello sir , copied the config to a new file and saved it as docker-compose.yml

when I put docker-compose up -d

it returns this error

ERROR: In file './docker-compose.yml', the service name True must be a quoted string, i.e. 'True'.

like-fill

ok. EDIT. I messed up while copying. Ignore the above message

this is the actual error

ERROR: for wekan-app Cannot start service wekan: b'driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint wekan-app (6b410cbcf8a2f197470ebc1565c79a346b16e1e604b2e82bb114c8e083139799): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated'

ERROR: for wekan Cannot start service wekan: b'driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint wekan-app (6b410cbcf8a2f197470ebc1565c79a346b16e1e604b2e82bb114c8e083139799): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated' ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

done. error solved. wekan is running. just checked the ports

September 11, 2019 at 6:38pm

Ahoy! Here is Hever from Czech Republic.

September 12, 2019 at 3:31am

Welcome @hever :)

I'm currently coding some mobile web fixes for Wekan

September 13, 2019 at 4:20pm

Hello wekan, and thanks a lot for the good job ! Very useful and pretty. Wekan for snap, docker, sandstorm, yunohost... ! Greats packages...

like-fill

I'm a french new wekan fan and FOSS lover.

September 14, 2019 at 4:01am

Thanks @webafrancois and welcome :)

It's possible to support my maintaining and developing Wekan at https://wekan.team/commercial-support/ or participate to development with pull requests or issues about feature requests or bugs etc https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues

Wekan gets pull requests for new features and bugfixes about daily for Wekan contributors (individuals and companies) from around the world

from

Because of all the encouragement and support, I have maintained Wekan since 2016-12 https://github.com/wekan/wekan/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

September 23, 2019 at 8:59am

Hi there, Thanks for putting in the energy to build a tool like this that competes with the paid tools out there so well! I really think people dont understand the amount of time that goes into a thing like this :)

like-fill

Ive got a question about Shared workspaces, namely, can I make them in Wekan? Is this a one-liner or should I make a topic?

September 24, 2019 at 8:22pm

@thero When new user registers to Wekan, there is no boards. When you invite someone else to board, that creates that shared board. Then you can click on right sidebar avatar to set permissions for board users: Admin/Normal/NoComments/CommentOnly.

Related to board sharing, upcoming Teams/Organizations will add more options https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/802

If you set board from private to public, then that board URL is available at Internet read-only without logging in