Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Wekan watercooler

The Wekan watercooler

Welcome to the Wekan watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

December 29, 2020 at 7:56pm

Well, Wekan could be complex, but usually, with enough time, I have been able to figure out how to implement something.

And currently Wekan mostly works already, and has most required features (although already too much for some).

December 31, 2020 at 3:46am

Thanks for the useful info. I got it running using Docker on my Windows computer. But I will put in PR's if I make changes that are definitely from your Roadmap but right now I'm focusing on updating to a newer editor like we discussed on GitHub. Right now I'm reading Wekan source code and getting to know it before I start diving into code. It can be complex if you let it be complex, if you take the time to understand what does what and how it all works together then it isn't so complex.

January 3, 2021 at 11:19pm

Hi, Bjørnar from Norway. New to Wekan and did a speedy translation to Norwegian at Transifex this evening. Never used Transifex either, and since there is no reviewer at my language I just wonder how my translation ends up in the code? Sorry for this totally newbie question... :-)

January 4, 2021 at 4:10pm

Welcome @therealnordlenning and thanks a lot for your translation!

I will add your translation to Wekan soon.

For some languages, there is only translators. Some Transifex users have requested to add them as reviewers.

Anyway all translations are added to Wekan before creating a new release

I will make new Wekan release sometime today or tomorrow

like-fill

January 4, 2021 at 8:57pm

I will make new Wekan release sometime today or tomorrow

Thanks, I'll have a busy period ahead of me, but will give you a heads up when finishing all.

New Q; Are words inside underscore 'some word' supposed to be translated, or is these words a part of program code?

Edited

E.g. 'attachment', 'card', 'list', 'swimlane' and 'board' in this one.

those like attachment are part of program code and should not be translated

I mean __attachment__

You can also look at some other translations, what parts are translated and what are still in english

January 4, 2021 at 11:00pm

I mean __attachment__

Assumed so, perfect, thanks :-)

Wekan v4.70 has been released, it has new translations https://github.com/wekan/wekan/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

like-fill

January 10, 2021 at 10:23am

Norwegian (NO) "first version" finished 100% yesterday, still needs some QA. Not an issue, but Norwegian (Nb) as language option can be removed, as it is excatly the same as Norwegian (NO) :-)

January 10, 2021 at 6:20pm

Thanks!

January 11, 2021 at 4:40am

@therealnordlenning The problem with removing nb was, that only nb language name is translated in Wekan, there is no translation for no language name. So I then copied no translation to nb, added no members to nb, and removed no. This way language to translate in transifex is nb, and in Wekan that language name shows correnctly in language selection menu.

January 18, 2021 at 11:37pm

Hi all! new here. I'm Daniel From Australia. Plan to use Wekan for a couple projects. Most notably a NFP I co-founded MarqUnity.org.

I've successfully integrated our form system into Wekan's API to collect data and am well on my way to integrating Wekan into our intranet.

Great project all! look forward to being a part of it.

January 19, 2021 at 1:23am

Thanks @danielwilson654 and Welcome ! :)

November 8, 2021 at 10:48am

Good morning all. I have been running Wekan v 5.17 for many months in docker on a Pi4 and decided it was time to upgrade. I did a docker build for a new image with the 5.72 pi3 bundle and node 12.22.7 which build fine, but when I spin up the container with the new image I get a missing binary error - at Module.Mp.load (/root/wekan/bundle/programs/server/runtime.js:15:31) wekan | /root/wekan/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/fibers.js:23 wekan | throw new Error('Missing binary. See message above.');

Edited

I have retried with node 12.22.0 which is what's on my current working image and also 12.17 which the github docs says is current but always receive the same error

@b3lt3r Versions are listed at https://wekan.github.io Download section. Newest Pi bundle is at https://releases.wekan.team/raspi3/