Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Automatio

Web Automation without coding and in just few clicks. You can mine data, scrape websites, build charts widgets and much more.

Automatio / General

State of Automatio

State of Automatio

Automatio / General · April 22, 2019 at 7:21pm

Hello everyone.

After some exchanges with @kinderminder, I learned that the Automatio project will go through a complete rewrite to make it production ready. So I have a few questions about this:

• In terms of resources, how much money would we need to start and then launch such a project? I assume it's going to be a ballpark figure, it's alright ;)
  • What would use the money for? Developers time? Marketing?
  • Which technology, outside of Puppeteer, Node.JS , will be used for this project? Is it still up for debate?
  • How many people are ready to work for the rewrite at this moment?

Well, for now, that's all I have :D

It really looks like an interesting and challenging project. I'm really looking forward to start working on it.

Cheers!

Load previous messages

April 23, 2019 at 11:51pm

And it will be used all for development.

We don't need budget for marketing currently, since we already have people waiting for lunch, and plus we can grow organically easy, like we did so far

April 24, 2019 at 1:55pm
      1. It depends, but we estimate the will be there or four phases and starting just the first phase will cost 8-10k or something closer.

Do you have a strategy to raise that kind of money? Some GofundMe or some crowdfunding tool? I would personally be okay to get started as a volunteer. If there are some aspects I could take care of in the mean time... Just ask away, I do have some free time ;)

like-fill

April 27, 2019 at 11:51am

Do you have a strategy to raise that kind of money? Some GofundMe or some crowdfunding tool? I would personally be okay to get started as a volunteer. If there are some aspects I could take care of in the mean time... Just ask away, I do have some free time ;)

There is potential investor, which wanna invest ~ $10k for phase 1 development.

However, I was also thinking about crowd funding on Kickstart, since we have ~2k subscribers and could reach more people

Not sure how that would go honestly, but I am interested to try it out.

However, even crowdfunding would require some investment in terms of creating a good looking video showing the prototype

June 3, 2019 at 4:15am
                    1. The tech stack will not change. We will mostly use puppeteer, node.JS, bull queue, redis, mongo etc. for scraping part.

Hey I am fullstack meteor dev looking for opportunities!! I know react and material ui! Also apollo! Even I have done an 'url to screenshot app' with meteor and puppeteer!

Edited
                        like-fill