Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Frontend Hub

Talk anything related Frontend development, HTML/CSS, client side Javascript, Bootstrap, etc

Frontend Hub / General

I am New to Front-end

I am New to Front-end

Frontend Hub / General · April 4, 2020 at 1:58am (Edited 4 years ago)

Hey Designer, how are you ?

I am Utsav, User experience designer with user centered approach. Currently i am working with SaaS based companies.

In COVID time i start exploring new skills like Frontend Design. I start learning HTML but i don't know what is actual pass is. So, can you guys guide me.

Thank in advance :)

Load previous messages

May 2, 2020 at 3:10pm

this is site is very good, i also started from this.

March 1, 2021 at 3:40am

Learn the basics - learn how to do HTML in index.html on your local drive and open in it in the bowser, proceed with adding CSS. Learn about html semantic tags and how to use them together with just simple CSS to produce beautiful layouts. Proceed by learning about FTP and buy/find free FTP hosting to upload your index.html and css files with a simple FTP Client like FileZilla. Congratulations - you have made a website for the Internet at that point, in the way that God intended, that was your first objective. From there on - learn about responsive and adaptive layouts with more complex CSS, make sure to master native CSS grid and flexbox. At this point you are not a FE developer yet, because you have to start programming with JavaScript and things get progressively harder. A lot of people jump straight to this step and do their best with HTML and CSS as they progress but that's obviously harder and means to skip the foundations.

If you are still following - start learning JavaScript, make sure you can write simple scripts and small applications with just JS,HTML and CSS. Maybe spend very little time on jQuery just to check what it is and how it is (mostly was) used.

I can give you more advice but at the time you get to this point you will be able to see your own perspective on to what to do next, probably learn frameworks like React, Angular and Svelte.

Maybe it sounds like a lot, but a dedicated person who can read English and learns quickly can find a job in the first year after starting with these technologies from scratch.

Edited

March 24, 2021 at 6:50am

HELLO I am 90% new in front-end. I am Bee, work as a teacher but want to develop new skills. I had a first approach with THP 12 intense pair working training but that was much too quick for someone who is at 0 level. Thus it gave me the thrill to keep on searching when I am off job and off family duties ;-) Happyto meet you there.

March 26, 2021 at 11:09pm

Hi @beec Welcome :)

December 13, 2022 at 12:29am

My name is YongWan Song. I am a Senior Shopify Developer.

If anybody need my help, I will do my best

Edited

Is anybody need your own store?