Javascript / Node.js

Help in React-Instagram-Clone-2.0

Help in React-Instagram-Clone-2.0

Javascript / Node.js · March 30, 2019 at 3:09pm

Hi, I'm Hassaan from Pakistan, a newbie in react. I was working with a github repository ( https://github.com/yTakkar/React-Instagram-Clone-2.0 ) for a client and he needs it to be rebranded and uploaded on a live server. I somehow started it on localhost but i'm facing quite a lot of issues uploading it to a live server. If any of you guys could guide me on uploading it. I'll be grateful.

Load previous messages

March 30, 2019 at 3:11pm

Hey Hassan, welcome mate. I think @tahyaamir is able to help you since he already deployed it for our experiment

like-fill

@tahyaamir will you please guide me?

March 30, 2019 at 5:15pm

Hello @zfhassaan we tried to recreate this from scratch since it had some problem with database. Even yTakkar replied how he does not like mysql either.

I remember I faced a lot of problems doing this as well. Can you share what kind of problems you faced?

Here is one major issue we faced https://github.com/yTakkar/React-Instagram-Clone-2.0/issues/65 lots of data was simply not configured properly.

March 30, 2019 at 9:29pm

Thanks for the reply @tahyaamir The issue i'm facing is i can't seem to figure out a way to run the application on a live server with mysql database. The node app runs perfectly on port 8080 with mysql port on port 80. The react app doesn't pick up or respond to the database operations. One of the main problems i face is "there's no default value for "instagram" column in users table. If i set the structure to be nullable then i don't even send or receive any data to the database.

March 31, 2019 at 12:26pm

I think mysql does not run on port 80.

Yes, I remember we had to face that too. There were too many default value error.

Did you apply my fixes listed on the github issue?

Lots of things were null and invalid.

We decided to drop it, either recreate or work with something else. And ended up with this community instead.