UI/UX 💩 / Feedback

Filtering with positive and negative filters

UI/UX 💩/Feedback · November 13, 2019 at 9:29am

UI/UX 💩 / Feedback · November 13, 2019 at 9:29am

Hi!

I am currently working on a project where users want both a positive (including selected variables in results) and a negative (excluding selected variables in results) filter to search a database.

The database contains training schedules which can be assigned to members of the program. Positive filtering needs to be done to find a suitable schedule when a member has no restrictions, negative filtering needs to be done to find a suitable schedule for a member with injuries (excluding exercises/schedules that contain exercises that train the injured muscle/joint).

I can't find any examples where positive and negative filters are used along side. I have read some articles about not mixing positive and negative filters and I agree on those, but I was thinking maybe I can create two filters next to each other, where both filters have a different use.

Let me know what you think! I am curious and find it hard to find a right solution.

Load previous messages

November 13, 2019 at 11:09am

you can only consume data one view at a time. It's either with filters or without. Or maybe sorting is your better solution here.

like-fill

March 17, 2023 at 9:45am

hi, can you give me some article about not mixing positive and negative filter? I can't find any