UI/UX 💩 / General

Design without content?? WTF

Design without content?? WTF

UI/UX 💩 / General · May 8, 2019 at 1:47pm

Guys I'm struggling... I have a returning client who constantly tasks me with webdesign and I earn some good money from him but his scopes are soooooo weird..

Let's say his client wants a website but they have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTENT. Maybe just brief description of what they want to see on the page and that's it.

So basically I have to draw a template suggesting the order of the sections and sometimes even write the content myself...

Am I being a fool here? Or should I refuse these types of jobs?

Have someone experienced this?

When I ask the client "Hey I need the content for the page" he constantly says that we need to create "a flow" and then the content will be adjusted to design.

Is that normal practice (client is from UK)

Please help!

May 8, 2019 at 2:36pm

We always encounter different types of clients from different parts of the world. Let's just say,It's going to be as it is. If you won't do it,Someone else will be paid to do it. If he's paying you with real money for your effort (Which you described he did) Then you aren't being made a fool. Keep doodling :)

like-fill

We always encounter different types of clients from different parts of the world. Let's just say,It's going to be as it is. If you won't do it,Someone else will be paid to do it. If he's paying you with real money for your effort (Which you described he did) Then you aren't being made a fool. Keep doodling :)

thank you for your answer)) have you faced this situation yourslef?)

I've faced this many times. And learned to ask for content. If they don't put any content, i ask that i either put lorem ipsum or they pay me for it.

like-fill

May 8, 2019 at 4:56pm

thank you for your answer)) have you faced this situation yourslef?)

Yes ofcourse! These types of clients are all over the globe. The best you can do is keep creating stuff as long as you feel good for yourself. If the client doesn't like it,Try to be nice. Don't blame that he didn't give content. Ask him what does he wants exactly. The trick is to keep asking relevant questions until you get into the head of what they are trying to see at the end result. Cheers!

like-fill