UI/UX šŸ’© / General

How to get your first client?

How to get your first client?

UI/UX šŸ’©Ā /Ā GeneralĀ Ā·Ā May 6, 2019 at 5:05am

More exciting stuff at https://www.instagram.com/ayushjangra/

In yesterdayā€™s AMA, many people asked me ā€œHow to get their first client?" So I take this opportunity to give you guys some tips and tricks that helped me out in my initial days.

I started my freelance career when I was in my 2nd year of college which was less risky as I had nothing to worry about the bills, the rent, or any other expenditure. But if you are starting your freelance business when you have got bills to pay, then I must caution you about the basic steps before getting into freelance business: + Give yourself some Runway.

• Look Professional.
  • Donā€™t have enough work for a portfolio?
  • Prepare your Proposal wisely.
  • Word-of-mouth Marketing.
  • Get Visibility.

Canā€™t wait to hear what you all think. You have more tips worth mentioning, let me know in the comments below! Cheers! šŸ‘‹

Text Post 1.pngText Post 2.pngText Post 3.pngText Post 4.pngText Post 5.pngText Post 6.pngText Post 7.pngText Post 8.pngText Post 9.png
Load previous messages

May 6, 2019 at 6:39am

hey Ayush, thanks for writing this post. Good tips, especially for people new to freelancing.

I would add up to prepare your proprosa wisely to define and outline in details what is your work, and what u gonna deliver. You can also outline what you not gonna deliver, so you are 100% clear. That way you will avoid infinity loop of changes and give a client clear vision of what to expect.

Regarding Growth, here I gave comment on how you can grow your Instagram account and increase you exposure, which will result in clients https://community.vanila.io/uiux/tips/how-to-build-your-portfolio~13b4b44c-db8c-4126-891c-81b7fe2db895?m=MTU1Mzg5NDUyNzQwMA==

Thanks Stefan! Coming from you means a lot. Yeah, I think preparing proposals is something which I would love to focus more in-depth in my up-coming IG posts. Thanks for pointing it out. Stefan šŸ˜Š

like-fill