UI/UX 💩 / General

Instagram fraud/scam. Be aware of fake "Copyright Infringement" or you might lose your account

Instagram fraud/scam. Be aware of fake "Copyright Infringement" or you might lose your account

UI/UX 💩/General · August 21, 2020 at 8:42pm

UI/UX 💩 / General · August 21, 2020 at 8:42pm

Hey guys, wanted to share this scam with you, so you can stay informed and not lose your Instagram and Email account.

In short, I got this Whatsapp which looks like it's coming from FB/Instagram but of course it's not. To me it's not the first time to face that kind of scams, so I was familiar with that is potential fraud.

It says:

Hi, @ux_store A copyright violation has been detected in a post on your account If you think copyright infringement is wrong, you should provide feedback. Otherwise, your account will be closed within 24 hours. You can give feedback from the link below.
Thank you for your understanding. https://copyrighthelp-centre-ig.ml/confirm/index.php?nick=ux_store (If the link is not clicked, reply to this message and try again.)
Thanks, lnstagram Support .119982.

Here is the screenshot of the actual message.

Fake website

If you visit the link it will bring you to a nice gradient bg page, Instagram logo, and information from your profile. They obviously just scraped it. This is how it looks 👇

Instagram fraud website

There is CTA button "Show copyright form" which asks for your Instagram password, Email, and guess what else? Email password 😂. It's kinda funny now, but not that funny for people who don't get it.

Anyway here is the video below I recorded and talked about the whole situation.

Be careful, don't fall into this traps/scams and share this with other people so they can be aware.

🎥 The Video:

https://youtu.be/eUuv0VR56tc

August 21, 2020 at 8:42pm

If anyone of you find something similar, feel free to share in the comments

like-fill

January 7, 2022 at 10:13pm

Hello they got me with something like that and I put my information. I can have my account back?

January 8, 2022 at 5:03am

Hello they got me with something like that and I put my information. I can have my account back?

I am not sure. If you are hacked/scammed, contact Instagram asap.