UI/UX 💩 / General

❗️[SOLVED] Instagram / Facebook blocked our url. We need your help guys..

UI/UX 💩/General · March 29, 2019 at 5:20am

UI/UX 💩 / General · March 29, 2019 at 5:20am (Edited 5 years ago)

Few hours ago I discovered that Instagram / Facebook blocked our URL community.vanila.io which mean that link can't be clicked or posted anywhere on Instagram and Facebook.

This really hurts people, which mean we can't share anything from community on Instagram :/.

I think this happen when I tried to share recent post I made about "Fake design jobs" on few facebook groups.

There might be way to get unblocked

There is well know Facebook Debugger Tool, which help you see how your website is displaying when sharing on social media. Now if I type community.vanila.io to debug, it shows the warning message:

We can't review this website because the content doesn't meet our Community Standards. If you think this is a mistake, please let us know.

How you can help?

If you go to Facebook Debugger Tool and click on please let us know in that warning box (screenshot below).

facebook banned url

Clicking on that link will land you on very simple form one field where you should explain why it was mistake.

facebook form

Please guys, leave the comment something like: I believe this is mistake, cause I trust this website. Write your own words, so it looks natural.

Honestly, this destroyed my day, cause not being able to post link to community, will make a lot harder to grow it. And since we have that network of 500k+ followers, it's kinda hurts. Sigh ..

Hopefully taking this action will lead to unblocking the url.

Thanks guys in advance!!

Load previous messages

December 16, 2022 at 10:10am