UI/UX 💩 / Tips

Design Principles (by Dieter Rams / Braun)

UI/UX 💩/Tips · June 16, 2020 at 3:34pm

UI/UX 💩 / Tips · June 16, 2020 at 3:34pm

I am inspired by this person and what he designed during his active work. Here are some tips that you can use in your work, whether it's UI/UX design or product design.

Good design is INNOVATIVE: Technological development is always offering new opportunities for innovative design. Innovative design always develops in tandem with innovative technology.

Good design is AESTHETIC: The aesthetic quality of a product is integral to its usefulness because products we use every day affect our person and our well-being. But only well-executed objects can be beautiful.

Good design is USEFUL: It clarifies the product’s structure. Better still, it can make the product talk. At best, it is self-explanatory.

Good design is UNOBTRUSIVE: Products are like tools. They are neither decorative objects or works of art. Their design should therefore be both neutral and restrained, to leave room for the user’s self-expression.

Good design is SMART: Nothing must be arbitrary or left to chance. Care and accuracy in the design process show respect towards the user.

Good design is HONEST: It does not make a product more innovative, powerful or valuable than it really is. It does not attempt to manipulate the consumer with promises that cannot be kept.

Good design is MINIMALISTIC: Less, but better – because it concentrates on the essential aspects, and the products are not burdened with non-essentials.

"Back to purity, back to simplicity" Dieter Rams

I'd love your comments in my profile: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBgDrapgOIc/

emoji
No messages have been sent in this conversation yet—why don’t you kick things off below?