Vanila / General

Vanila watercooler

The Vanila watercooler

Welcome to the Vanila watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

December 15, 2019 at 4:45pm

hi guys, I am glad to be part of this community. Looks great, PWA works well. I will share my story soon on related communities. 👍✨

like-fill

December 16, 2019 at 1:56pm

welcome aboard my friend @vesa 👋 . I am really glad to see you joined. Waiting to see your updates on the projects you work 🤞

December 17, 2019 at 8:09pm

Thanks @kinderminder i will have some updates soon

like-fill

June 30, 2020 at 6:35am

Is there any update on this?

*this software

June 30, 2020 at 1:29pm

Is there any update on this?

Hey Liam, if you mean on this chat, which use Spectrum Chat code. The the answer is yes and no. I mean, there are lot of work done after we initially self hosted, but we didn't catch up with PR's. Especially that they made drastically change to UI which we are honestly not a fans.

I am wondering why do you ask?

June 30, 2020 at 11:51pm

Partly bc I'd love to work on this program, but also bc my team, which use Github/Gitlab quite a lot, are wanting a modern forum platform for team collaboration that integrates deeply with Git, and Spectrum/Vanila looks like a good fit for our team, but there's a few features that we want that the Spectrum aren't wanting to include and also the problem is that with Spectrum's team being owned by Github if we do decide to move away from Github (we're using Github & Gitlab atm and can't really decide between either) then Spectrum won't really be able to help

The closest thing I could see was https://gitq.com and I'm on the development team for that, but work is becoming a bit slow on the project and due to the framework that we used the UI is a bit clunky and again only integrates with github

July 2, 2020 at 12:45am

Partly bc I'd love to work on this program, but also bc my team, which use Github/Gitlab quite a lot, are wanting a modern forum platform for team collaboration that integrates deeply with Git, and Spectrum/Vanila looks like a good fit for our team, but there's a few features that we want that the Spectrum aren't wanting to include and also the problem is that with Spectrum's team being owned by Github if we do decide to move away from Github (we're using Github & Gitlab atm and can't really decide between either) then Spectrum won't really be able to help

Yeah, Spectrum is acquired by Github, Github by Microsoft .. I think they will shut down Spectrum Chat soon. But gonna keep this fork.

For now, we are focused on other projects like Automatio.co, so we don't have time to upgrade this Community and catch with the commits. But in future we will.

like-fill

July 28, 2022 at 6:39am

Hi, Are you Interested in Crypto Business,Let's Start your NFT Business within 7 Days! More - https://bit.ly/3okU7ir

November 4, 2023 at 3:36pm

do anyone know if it is possible to use Automatio Click Option to click on ads and not blocking ads