Vanila / Hugs and Bugs 🤗🐛

I am trying to self host spectrum and facing issues with sockets on server Is there anyone who can help with this?

I am trying to self host spectrum and facing issues with sockets on server Is there anyone who can help with this?

Vanila/Hugs and Bugs 🤗🐛 · October 16, 2019 at 12:18pm

Vanila / Hugs and Bugs 🤗🐛 · October 16, 2019 at 12:18pm

This is with regard to hosting spectrum on my own server with all social login enabled. I made changes to code and made it work on my local machine but on server, there some errors with sockets.

Below is the error that I get intermittently and also when I click on any of the social logins.

WebSocket connection to 'ws://mydomain.com/sockjs-node/419/xtj3yrnq/websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400

Load previous messages

October 16, 2019 at 12:42pm

maybe @taher can give you some suggestions, since he deployed this community

Hi, thanks for joining. I replied your mail few hours ago. Yes, this is the one we deployed, which is the old design. As for the websocket problem, you should check with the error log on the server, it says 400 bad request.

like-fill

Did you check the code from https://github.com/vanila-io/spectrum repository? You will see a lot of vanila.io written in the code. Which you can replace with yours and it will probably run if you provide all of the environment variables properly.

like-fill

October 17, 2019 at 4:29am

@tahyaamir thanks. I will check it and try to replicate it. Will get back in case of any challenges

October 17, 2019 at 6:57pm

@tahyaamir thanks. I will check it and try to replicate it. Will get back in case of any challenges

if you try to catchup with Spetrum upstream commits, let us know so we can get an update as well

October 21, 2019 at 9:33am

if you try to catchup with Spetrum upstream commits, let us know so we can get an update as well

cool.