Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Card popup location

Card popup location

Wekan / General · June 19, 2023 at 10:53pm

I recently upgraded my version of Wekan to 6.97.0. Previously when I clicked on a card the popup location was next to the List. Since the upgrade the popup location is always on the left hand side of the screen. Is there a setting to control the popup location?

June 19, 2023 at 11:53pm

That card is at left usually. It has maximize button to make card fullscreen.

Card is not currently freely moveable

Previously there was bug, that when opening card, card opened off screen, it was not at visible area at all. It did take some fixes to have card always visible.

That bug was in some cases, not always.

So that bug was then fixed.

It would be possible to add buttons to have card at left, middle or right. But I don't know is that a good idea.

It kind of depends, is there some case when it is not possible to edit something

is positions at left and maximized not enough to edit

The position of the card doesn't make it less editable. Its just user experience. When working on a card on the far right of the screen, I then have to mouse move to the far left of the screen to update the card. This involves a lot of left/right travel across the screen. I thought it felt 'nicer' when the card opened near where I had clicked to select the card.

June 20, 2023 at 2:14am

Hmm, I'll think. I added Feature Request https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/4972