Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Cards.find() returns no cards

Cards.find() returns no cards

Wekan / General · December 26, 2020 at 11:28am (Edited 3 years ago)

Fooling around with putting together a simple My Cards implementation. However, I cannot get Cards.find() to return any cards. Boards.find() works perfectly.

cards() {
// return [{ title: 'Card 1' }, { title: 'Card 2' }];
const query = {
archived: false,
assignees: Meteor.userId(),
};
return Cards.find(query);
},

Is there something special that needs to be done to get Cards.find() to work?

P.S. Running the query in meteor mongo works perfectly.

December 26, 2020 at 3:20pm
cd wekan
./find.sh searchCards
./models/boards.js: searchCards(term, excludeLinked) {
./client/components/sidebar/sidebarSearches.js: return currentBoard.searchCards(this.term.get());
./client/components/lists/listBody.js: return board.searchCards(this.term.get(), false);

Hmm. I need the cards from all boards not just a certain board. Is there no way to do it with Cards.find(). I see it used in other places.

December 26, 2020 at 8:14pm

That would be similar like searchCards, but without limiting it with boardId.

And it should show My Cards only from boards that user is member of

It seems that Cards.find() does search only from current board cards, that are loaded to webbrowser. To search from all cards of user etc, including cards that have not been loaded to webbrowser, I think you could search code with these keywords for related code: ./find.sh esSearch and ./find.sh EasySearch

Maybe with My Cards you are trying to do something similar like Public Boards https://github.com/wekan/wekan/pull/3008

December 27, 2020 at 2:59pm

I guess I am being stupid, but I cannot understand why Cards.find() does not work. searchCards uses Cards.find() with boardId specified. The problem is not with my query as return Cards.find(); without a query (which should return all cards) returns an empty cursor.

I have a feeling that models/cards.js is not being imported properly.

December 27, 2020 at 4:47pm

Well, I don't know is it good idea to have both function cards() added and then use Cards.find(), those could get mixed