Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Lockout this that cannot be webhooked

Wekan/General · March 19, 2020 at 7:59pm

Wekan / General · March 19, 2020 at 7:59pm

When you add or delete a card, or if you add or delete a swimlane you get a webhook payload regardless of how the integration was registered. If you use universal webhooks (not the one assigned by a board specific integration) you probably get a webhook showing you created a board. Either way you do get a board deletion webhook if you built that board through the api and added an integration.

But for some reason there are NO webhooks for any changes you make. If you rename a card or rename a swimlane or rename a board, you get silence. I tried tracking and watching options and still nothing. LMK if I am doing this wrong, please.

So if I cannot track the user making changes I would need instead to prevent the user from making changes I cannot track through a web hook.

I have run into this issue editing (PUT) through the api. There are not editing functions through the api to rename some things or coloring things. Simple solution was just to change things in Mongodb to rename a board or a swimlane or card or add or change a color in a swimlane.

But the reverse is not as easy. Unless I capture changes to mongo as events there is no easy solution to not getting a webhook back on a user change of something simple. If you add card NP. if you edit a card no go.

So to lockout changes...... are there methods to do that? I see many true/false values that are in the database (no that you can always edit them through the api), but if you change mongo values you can change what the user is permitted to do in the GUI with the boards?

allowsSubtasks": true, "allowsAttachments": true, "allowsChecklists": true, "allowsComments": true, "allowsDescriptionTitle": true, "allowsDescriptionText": true, "allowsActivities": true, "allowsLabels": true, "allowsAssignee": true, "allowsMembers": true, "allowsRequestedBy": true, "allowsAssignedBy": true, "allowsReceivedDate": true, "allowsStartDate": true, "allowsEndDate": true, "allowsDueDate": true,

Can I, and if so, what do I change to prevent users from renaming things that do not give you webhooks?

Thanks

Load previous messages

March 20, 2020 at 1:02pm

add those entity changes as webhooks

either works

as I said I will keep exploring other options lkike I did for missing PUT api items. Its surprisingly easy to ssh connect into snapcraft mongo and makes small edits

March 20, 2020 at 2:03pm

Question. I am running on all my servers Mongodb version 4.0.16

Yes?

I just when into mongo -port 27019 and typed db.version() and got 3.2.22

Snap uses MongoDB 3.2.22

for server

are you really using earlier than mongodb 3.6 or am I doing this wrong

oh crap

Yes really, because I have not been able to upgrade it yet

well that rules out watching mongo its too old

Anyway, I'm adding to API disabling renaming board etc currently

ok great thanks

:)

April 1, 2020 at 11:49am

I see version 3.87 of the api is up

is that have the name disabling attributes?

No, it seems I got lost in other changes. Thanks for reminding! I will find where I did have In-Progress code of disabling attributes, finish it, test it, and add to next Wekan version.

Thanks

what upgrades did you make? Mongo upgrade? I mean you know me by now, sooner or later I will get around to asking about it? :)

Click ChangeLog at https://wekan.github.io

Hehe, well, Yes I should try to get Mongo upgrade working sometime.

Thanks. Nice improvements

Edited

April 1, 2020 at 3:32pm

If users would not be allowed to rename Boards/Swimlanes/Cards, would they be able to add new ones?