Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Wekan watercooler

The Wekan watercooler

Welcome to the Wekan watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

November 18, 2020 at 3:09pm

how can I migrate Wekan-db if I have only "./wekan-db:/data/db" from my other server

November 18, 2020 at 7:53pm

You copy raw MongoDB files to same version of MongoDB database server raw file directory, start MongoDB, do mongodump, restore to Wekan Snap or Wekan Docker

November 18, 2020 at 10:52pm

thanks for reply, I have broken docker container with wekan I can't start any docker services on my old VM so can I just transfer my wekan-db directory? because I can't start wekan-db docker and do backup. Have you any advise?

Yes, you just copy your wekan-db directory with those raw mongodb database files to another computer where you have working mongodb of same version

you replace those mongodb files on when mongodb is not running

and then start mongodb

and then try mongodump

November 19, 2020 at 9:44am

and then start mongodb

can't start wekan-mongo-db container if I replace all mongodb files

if I replaced mongodb files it trigered to infinoty restarting wekan db container

but if I delete / clear back mongo-db directory it's works fine again

November 19, 2020 at 1:44pm

Does it give any errors? docker logs wekan-db

November 19, 2020 at 3:54pm

Does it give any errors? docker logs wekan-db

sent you a huge log in private message, check please

November 19, 2020 at 5:49pm

It seems there is checksum errors, so most likely that data is corrupted

I would recommend restoring from your previous backup. If you really need some data from those files, you could look at them with hex editor, or linux command "strings somefilename"

November 19, 2020 at 6:54pm

I would recommend restoring from your previous backup. If you really need some data from those files, you could look at them with hex editor, or linux command "strings somefilename"

can't open wekan mongo-db container it's always restarting / droped

November 20, 2020 at 8:19am

fixed broken mongodb by delete mondog.lock and all diagnostic.data than start mongo with repair flag "mongod --repair" Thanks

November 20, 2020 at 6:43pm

@dmitrii Oh nice that repair did work. Please check that you did not lose some part of data when repairing.

November 23, 2020 at 10:11am

Hi there,m I'm new to this community, just now starting to integrate Wekan in my company's Workflow. Before we've been using Trello, but we've heard from customers they weren't okay with Trello because it's not a swiss company and we deal with a lot of sensitive data. So far, I'm loving Wekan lots.

November 23, 2020 at 1:27pm

Thanks @kristophersson and Welcome ! :)

For all Wekan users, I recommend at least daily backups https://github.com/wekan/wekan/wiki/Backup

December 18, 2020 at 8:35pm

Yippee

Hmm, I got some email about some service "year in review"

Maybe I should write similar about Wekan