UI/UX 💩 / General

What do you think about this Seamless "Registering/Login" User Experience?

UI/UX 💩/General · November 2, 2019 at 6:24pm

UI/UX 💩 / General · November 2, 2019 at 6:24pm

I just stumbled upon this website called Practo and wanted to share a seamless user experience I had.

While I was scrolling the website, looking at clean UI, this tiny pop-up/dropdown caught my attention. It offered me to register using Google Accounts. As you can see on the screenshot below it instantly showed one of my email addresses. It even had the option to choose from more accounts if I clicked that text link.

Google login/sign-in user experience

I wanted to register on the website just to check the UX, even I am not interested in this service. It was just a reference site for a potential client.

So I clicked it and showed this dialog, CTA button asking to continue.

I clicked again, and I was already registered and logged in. All that happened without getting redirected to a different page or reloading.

What do you think about this Register / Login User Experience?

Load previous messages

November 3, 2019 at 1:38pm

I agree with 0x100e. While this seems like a frictionless way of increasing registration it will backfire when it comes to any user with any sense of online security. To me it feels creepy and I would abandon.

like-fill

Why did this site just ask for a username and then display my real name anyway? 😡

November 4, 2019 at 11:07am

@kinderminder I noticed it the other day too and I immediately closed the dialog box out of instinct to close pop ups that I didn't activate. I love the idea of it because Google is trying to auto populate the registration form for the user. Problem is that is It is assuming that you want to register or login without you asking it to do so. What would be better is if it auto populated the registration form or login form after the user has decided to log in by tapping or clicking an affordance. You mentioned that you were not interested in the offerings of the site you were only interested in the design of it so this is a good example why you should not be forced to sign in or register. I think that it is a great idea to save time and Google I definitely helping accept they should limit it to auto population rather than using a pop-up. I think it might be a chrome browser script so maybe this wouldn't work on Safari or firedox but worth checking out. The good thing is that it does list all of your accounts so if you have a work account or a fake account which I have all three of then I can just choose the fake one if I am not 100% sure that I want to log in however that also asks the question is there any point to logging in or registering if you have no intention yet to buy or use the website services? Lastly when I registered to comment just now I was allowed to register using my Google account and it was an awesome and seamless experience. The difference here is that I did tap the register button to show my intent and I think that is how it should be.

Edited
        like-fill