UI/UX 💩 / Tips

💼 How To Build Your Portfolio?

💼 How To Build Your Portfolio?

UI/UX 💩 / Tips · March 26, 2019 at 9:22pm

——⁣

⁣➡️The main reasons why so many of us don’t have an online portfolio but have great SM are Perfectionism and Lack of time⁣ On the opposite side, if you’ve spent months building your portfolio, but didn’t work on your SM presence - you’ve wasted these months as no one will find you. The best time to build your portfolio is when you already have some SM presence and want to boost yourself to the next level.

——⁣

➡️MUST have in your portfolio:⁣⁣

——⁣

✅ About you section⁣⁣

✅ Your services and industry expertise⁣⁣

✅ 4-8 case studies highlighting your process⁣⁣

✅ Logos and past clients with human testimoniaals⁣⁣

✅ CTA’s - Make sure you have your email or survey form to take the next steps⁣⁣

——⁣

⚠️Keep in mind:⁣⁣

Be aware and honest with yourself and your clients about who you are and what you can offer.⁣⁣

——⁣

To do this brainstorm and answer these questions:⁣⁣

1️⃣ Who you are as a person, what are your internal passions?⁣⁣

2️⃣ What are your hard and soft skills?⁣⁣

3️⃣ Who do I want to work with? (industries, incomes, representatives)⁣⁣

4️⃣ What are these clients needs? Do you have what it takes to solve their problems?⁣⁣

5️⃣ How do you make yourself noticeable among «these clients»⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

Check this video for a full discussion

⁣⁣https://youtu.be/xAQ5HLiSego

Use these answers to build a strategy on selling your service.⁣⁣ A portfolio is just a part of this strategy and you must communicate clearly the answers to these questions.⁣⁣ ⁣⁣

1.png2.png

⁣⁣

3.png4.png5.png
Load previous messages

March 29, 2019 at 9:27pm

Have growth plan. Most social and design platforms / websites have same interactions. Post, like, comment, follow, message. If you use all those interactions in safe manner (without overdoing it) it will give u ability to be seen. You need to start from somewhere, so every interaction you made is possible follow back. Actually i think follow action is one of best interaction, and that you can have from 10%-50% follow back ratio. It will all depend on the how quality your account is and work / posts you have.

So you will start grow and gain some followers. % of that followers will engage with your future posts, and your posts will get more likes, comments, saves (overall time spent), which at one point will be enough to be top post for certain #hashtags you used.

For example, you might start showing up every few days in top posts for some popular tags. Cause first you made really great post, and now you have audience to support it and prove it with their reactions.

Then at certain stage when your account start growing well, the platform itself will start boosting you, by suggestion you in search and related accounts to follow. Which then can bring you lot of exposure, and free daily followers. Like 1,000 new/day.

Literary using this method, I was able to build 500k+ IG network in few years.

Thank you so much @kinderminder ! It's super nice from you to share this inside from you, gonna follow your advice! Thanks a lot

like-fill

Yw Lisa, that is one of the point of this community. To share value, help, grow

like-fill

March 30, 2019 at 6:52am

Wow, that's really awesome 👏

like-fill

April 2, 2019 at 6:49pm

Wow, i read the whole post. thank your for sharing :D but i have my own struggle as writing my portfolio. I'm a Graphic Designer myself, but i don't know what to put in my portfolio to apply some specific job. like, i want to apply Logo Designer job, i put my logo related work.

Different story if i want to apply to UI job. i make another portfolio with only UI related works. Sometimes this confuse me :/

like-fill

April 3, 2019 at 1:24am

Wow, i read the whole post. thank your for sharing :D but i have my own struggle as writing my portfolio. I'm a Graphic Designer myself, but i don't know what to put in my portfolio to apply some specific job. like, i want to apply Logo Designer job, i put my logo related work.

Different story if i want to apply to UI job. i make another portfolio with only UI related works. Sometimes this confuse me :/

bro, u can't mistake it. Feel free to add both, and say something like "Logo and UI designer, I make your product profitable". I mean that is random sentence, but the point is to have good message which make you think I want that guy, I trust him. And of course, have great work to follow up that message.

Whatever skills you have, either you are designer or developer, or something else, it's always good to have basic of copywriting, sales, business.

Edited
                like-fill

You may not need to talk/write much about yourself. Instead say how u can help them. They came to your website cause of their needs.

Btw, check this short video i found yesterday on The Difference Between Good and Great Sales People

April 3, 2019 at 2:52am

bro, u can't mistake it. Feel free to add both, and say something like "Logo and UI designer, I make your product profitable". I mean that is random sentence, but the point is to have good message which make you think I want that guy, I trust him. And of course, have great work to follow up that message.

Whatever skills you have, either you are designer or developer, or something else, it's always good to have basic of copywriting, sales, business.

Hmm...so, i can merge it with nice sencentes, i see. thank you for the answer. I need to rethink how my portfolio should look after this

like-fill