UI/UX šŸ’© / Tips

Why should UI/UX designers should create mood board?

UI/UX šŸ’©/TipsĀ Ā· April 30, 2019 at 2:26pm

UI/UX šŸ’©Ā /Ā TipsĀ Ā·Ā April 30, 2019 at 2:26pm
Why Mood Boarding(Kanchana).PNG

I post more content at Instagram.com/designbykanchana

Many of us may notice that wireframing and prototyping are always described as essential stages in design workflow while mood boards are rarely mentioned. Some may consider them as a waste of time or just entertainment. Nevertheless, there are many people who include mood boarding as part of every creative process. But why do they choose the technique? Here Iā€™ve gathered the list of reasons for designers.

1. To save time and effort. A big advantage of mood boarding i is that it doesnā€™t require much time to be done. It means that in a few hours, designers can create a visual guide for clients presenting a concept. A mood board can be easily edited so it saves both time and effort. Such a guideline is a good foundation which allows quickly jumping to the next stage of prototyping.
  2. To get inspired. Moodboarding is a good way to find ideas and enthusiasm. Beautiful photos and illustrations help to find the right mood and style. In addition, if you can, try to create a material mood board via things surrounding you. It is said that handwork has a powerful impact on creative thinking. So, why donā€™t take a try?
  3. To find the right color palette. A collage can include photos, illustrations and color samples forming a compelling composition. By mixing images in different colors on a board designers can experiment with a color palette even if UI elements are not ready yet.
  4. To enhance communication with customers. When a product is at the stage of an abstract idea, it is sometimes difficult for a designer and a customer to understand each other while discussions.
  5. To talk less and show more. Continuing the point above, it should be said that any long report canā€™t explain your plans and ideas better than a visual presentation.

Thank you for inviting me here @kinderminder Follow me here @kanchana

Load previous messages

April 30, 2019 at 2:33pm

Hey @kanchana glad you joined, and thanks for sharing your post. Hope to see more in future šŸ¤ž