Vanila / General

Vanila watercooler

The Vanila watercooler

Welcome to the Vanila watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

August 2, 2019 at 6:33pm

Thanks.. Life is good! Hot and nice weather but I still haven't gone to the beach yet! :)

hehe, glad to hear that. Have some fun on the beach man, while the summer is on

August 4, 2019 at 11:48am

Yeah I will try :)

August 8, 2019 at 12:39am

Greetings from Germany! I just found this community and I'm so glad I did! I'm enrolled at Lambda School at UX course!

Hey Hermine @hermione , how is going with that Lambda UX course ?

September 16, 2019 at 3:37pm

Hello, any custom wordpress developers on this thread? I have a project that needs to get done and need help finishing.

September 16, 2019 at 6:56pm

@nustream-media What is the "custom" part in it?

in general terms

September 16, 2019 at 8:25pm

in general terms

September 18, 2019 at 12:18am

@nustream-media we do, sent you private message 📝

October 16, 2019 at 12:55pm

I got few mails personally on my mail and there were few others who wanted help with self hosting. Most of them had similar trouble like us. Except we were able to do it finally.

There are many places where we had problem. Specially with the deployment with nginx. You need to subscribe to a bunch of services including sendgrid, s3, imgix, datagrid, sentry and so on.

Look into this file I wrote on nginx, https://github.com/vanila-io/spectrum/blob/alpha/deployment/nginx/default

like-fill

I am kind of looking for a good developer to discuss this spectrum related issues and a good frontend developer to take care of some small issues.

If the developer is dedicated, he might have a chance to work on our product called Automatio which we will release very soon.

I will work on the spectrum chat and deployment related issues after I am done with Automatio. So the more help I get, the more I can give in return.

October 17, 2019 at 2:15am

It would be great if someone could collaborate on catching upstream commits

December 15, 2019 at 4:45pm

hi guys, I am glad to be part of this community. Looks great, PWA works well. I will share my story soon on related communities. 👍✨

like-fill

December 16, 2019 at 1:56pm

welcome aboard my friend @vesa 👋 . I am really glad to see you joined. Waiting to see your updates on the projects you work 🤞

December 17, 2019 at 8:09pm

Thanks @kinderminder i will have some updates soon

like-fill

June 30, 2020 at 6:35am

Is there any update on this?

*this software

June 30, 2020 at 1:29pm

Is there any update on this?

Hey Liam, if you mean on this chat, which use Spectrum Chat code. The the answer is yes and no. I mean, there are lot of work done after we initially self hosted, but we didn't catch up with PR's. Especially that they made drastically change to UI which we are honestly not a fans.

I am wondering why do you ask?

June 30, 2020 at 11:51pm

Partly bc I'd love to work on this program, but also bc my team, which use Github/Gitlab quite a lot, are wanting a modern forum platform for team collaboration that integrates deeply with Git, and Spectrum/Vanila looks like a good fit for our team, but there's a few features that we want that the Spectrum aren't wanting to include and also the problem is that with Spectrum's team being owned by Github if we do decide to move away from Github (we're using Github & Gitlab atm and can't really decide between either) then Spectrum won't really be able to help

The closest thing I could see was https://gitq.com and I'm on the development team for that, but work is becoming a bit slow on the project and due to the framework that we used the UI is a bit clunky and again only integrates with github

July 2, 2020 at 12:45am

Partly bc I'd love to work on this program, but also bc my team, which use Github/Gitlab quite a lot, are wanting a modern forum platform for team collaboration that integrates deeply with Git, and Spectrum/Vanila looks like a good fit for our team, but there's a few features that we want that the Spectrum aren't wanting to include and also the problem is that with Spectrum's team being owned by Github if we do decide to move away from Github (we're using Github & Gitlab atm and can't really decide between either) then Spectrum won't really be able to help

Yeah, Spectrum is acquired by Github, Github by Microsoft .. I think they will shut down Spectrum Chat soon. But gonna keep this fork.

For now, we are focused on other projects like Automatio.co, so we don't have time to upgrade this Community and catch with the commits. But in future we will.

like-fill

July 28, 2022 at 6:39am

Hi, Are you Interested in Crypto Business,Let's Start your NFT Business within 7 Days! More - https://bit.ly/3okU7ir

November 4, 2023 at 3:36pm

do anyone know if it is possible to use Automatio Click Option to click on ads and not blocking ads