Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Can I use Wekan as a CMS?

Can I use Wekan as a CMS?

Wekan / General · April 6, 2020 at 12:32pm

Hi, I'm a teacher and currently use Trello as a CMS, not as a "to-do" management. It is very easy and fast to use to organize content and programming of my courses at school. I can add formatted text (with markdown), images, videos, links, attach documents and files to each card, I can do searches, I can share it with colleagues and invite them to collaborate... It is taking a lot of time and effort and I would like to have all the data under my control, and I was wondering if I could use Wekan to do the same.

Thanks.

April 7, 2020 at 9:13am

Wekan has "Add Board / Import / From Trello", so you can import Trello boards to Wekan

You can install Wekan server to your laptop or some other server or computer, and have that data locally there

There is download options

With Wekan there is unlimited amount of user accounts, boards etc

April 11, 2020 at 6:13pm

Installation is not a problem. I was referring rather to whether I could do the same things I do in Trello but in Wekan.

I have been playing with Wekan for a while at sandstorm.io and I really like it and I can see many possibilities in Wekan.

The text format is well preserved. The problems I see would be related to the size of the images, which retain their original size (take a look at the attachment). I also don't know if I will be able to embed youtube videos.

Here's what it looks like on Trello:

Sometime I could add generating thumbnails of images. It would make loading boards faster.