Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Multiple email points?

Multiple email points?

Wekan / General · August 18, 2020 at 4:45pm

Also is it possible to have multiple email points for sending out emails?

It would be useful to send out requests to people from various smtp servers for different boards.

Load previous messages

August 18, 2020 at 6:52pm

like in Trello, that someone can send email and it appears to board?

Adding email settings to board settings

Like this, Feature request: Respond via e-mail, Trello style https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/2414

Hmm, maybe I'm going too much off-topic

I think you are just asking for adding server email settings per board

for SMTP server

Currently Wekan SMTP server settings are set with command line by server admin. This is the first time someone had asked to have multiple email servers. I'm thinking how useful this would be? Also, if any Wekan instance user that creates new board and that way becomes Board Admin, would be able to add any random SMTP server, in that case there would be a) possibility to send spam b) possibilitity to end up to some spam blacklist with misconfigured settings

Well, alternatively that multiple SMTP server setting could be at Admin Panel for each board name

Maybe this would be useful, if each board has one customer added to that board, and would receive emails for that customer speicific email server and email address

If you would like to have this feature, you can prepay 1000 euro at https://wekan.team/commercial-support/ so I will develop this feature and add it to Wekan. When feature has been developed, it will come in automatic update for Wekan Snap version.

and for other platforms, using each platforms update method