Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

POST api user to board

POST api user to board

Wekan / General · January 13, 2020 at 8:41pm

If, through the api, I the create boards with lists and cards, in order for users to see those boards, I need to post the users to a board. I seem to have the syntax correct but am not getting a payload back from node.js . I get no error in the api and the boards, lists and cards get created but only the admin user whose token I am using can see them, just an empty data return (specifically a single empty object (is that the correct response)? When I look up the user I am trying to add to the board, I do not see the board I was trying to add them to. Is there an endpoint that shows either all the users for a board or all the boards for a user?

Is there any way to determine what its doing if I am not getting an error back? If I post the boards with lists and cards the lead admin can see it. If they invite an existing user (in the GUI) (the other user (the only other user in the system) is chosable, then that user indicates they failed to get an e-mail but it says they joined and when you switch logins and login in as the other user you see the board with an accept deny prompt super imposed. But when you look up that user you do not see board accepted.

How do I get error messages? How do I see board a user has accepted? What else can I do to troubleshoot this. the body I am user is isadmin false, commentsonly false, no comments false. url is api/boards/h3F93g2YviwC3J7KJ/members/SXLP3KJme9d4uCo5q/add

What else can I do to troubleshoot this? where is the log file that show the error? Thanks again

Load previous messages

January 14, 2020 at 6:49pm

and BTW

when it works it still returns an empty object

but it works - Cool

What kind of query works? I could add it to wiki.

/api/boards/{boardid}/members/{MEMBERID/add Body{ "action" : add, "isadmin" : false ...........

you have to have the "add" one the query line but more importantly you also have to have "action" : "add" in the body.

Edited

in either case it return an object that is empty {}

but if you add in the action parameter in the body it does assign that user as a member on that board

Thank you again Lauri :)