Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Production ready alternative to snapd

Production ready alternative to snapd

Wekan / General · February 15, 2020 at 1:51am (Edited 4 years ago)

Hi,

while I would love to install wekan on my server I am struggling on which method I should go for. Snapd is unfortunately not an option because my VPS does not support snapd installations. I have installed docker on my server but within the docs of wekan its sounds like its not a good solution for production deployments. Could someone please tell me which route I should go for or are they any good alternatives?

I am also not a fan of Univention, Sandstorm or paid services.

Regards

Load previous messages

February 17, 2020 at 1:35pm

Thanks for your write up. Pretty nice information. I think I got overwhelmed by the overall big list of Platforms. (Its not that its not good but it was a lot of reading - and maybe at some point I could not follow anymore)

Regarding security I was just worried that somehow its lesser than snap which is I would say but only because of the nature of snap vs docker.

I have already tested the setup with docker on my local environment which you have pointed out is possible (docker-compose.yml) and I think I will use this in production.

And again thanks for your support :D

February 17, 2020 at 7:43pm

like-fill