Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

ssl

ssl

Wekan / General · January 21, 2020 at 8:30pm (Edited 4 years ago)

When you put wekan behind an elb with an ssl certificate everything works fine (everything really) until you click on the info hambuger in the middle of any wekan card. In Firefox it says Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to xx.xx.xx.xx. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

and on chrome it says This site can’t provide a secure connection xx.xx.xx.xxsent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Any idea how to remedy this? its something about date or something like this when you try and view the comments and labels or something (hard to know at this point. THanks

Just for grins I set a send path through the elb without the ssl and the info window pops up fine with all the details (member, assigned, due..... its something about that window encoding. Thanks

January 23, 2020 at 9:12am

You can Google search about scaling Meteor, or Meteor behind ELB. I don't know.

I don't use ELB in front of Wekan.

January 23, 2020 at 9:32pm

will try aws application loadbalancers and reporf back here on what is required. Thanks again

March 7, 2020 at 4:44pm

setting up Caddy web server and its ok. But it not working with https yet. I am using my own wildcard cert and I placed it in the correct folder etc.

Please confirm its a pem file and the instructions suggest if has both first the private key and the the cert one after the other. Is that correct?

Edited

I edited the caddy config to point to that cert folder and the permissions of the file is correct. The name of the file matches the domain.

I reset the root and enabled caddy and stopped and restarted. I have my route53 point the subdomain at the machine. As I said it works like this with http but getting a security pr end of file message.

What else do I have to do?

I went looking in the questions here and the search feature or scrolling around is not finding any example om hos to configure your own purchased wildcard certificate in Caddy.

the instructions for caddy about the format of the pem(s) files does not match exactly the method that caddy suggests

the last one is what wekan suggests to set up the Pem file (singular). Caddy suggests I reference two files and one is the bundle. Which is it?

lmk

thanks

March 7, 2020 at 6:43pm

ok I tried using the bundled Pem and also the bundled CRT files as cert.XXX and then added the key file and used the locate all certs and keys by location method nogo. I noticed when I reset root for wekan I have to include the protocol and the port address and when you click on a card you still get the security message as the protocol for wekan root is HTTPS.

the error is the same PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (for firefox) getting the same behavior out of chrome BTW.

only think I am scratching my head about is this statement:

"Specifying your own certificate and key disables automatic HTTPS, including the changing of the port and redirecting HTTP to HTTPS. You will need to do that yourself if you are managing your own certificates"

Edited

what does that mean that I have to do in snap to change caddy around to make that work?

In /var/snap/wekan/common/certificates/wekan.team.pem one file I have 1. private key 2. cert

At /var/snap/wekan/common/Caddyfile I have

http://boards.wekan.team https://boards.wekan.team {
                                        tls {
                                        load /var/snap/wekan/common/certificates
                                        alpn http/1.1
                                        }
                                        proxy / localhost:3001 {
                                        websocket
                                        transparent
                                        }
                                        }

This is when I use CloudFlare Origin SSL cert. But should work also with other cert.