Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Startup Space

Startup Space is a community for startup owners and workers. Ask or share anything related Startup topic.

Startup Space / General

Actively find feedbacks, designers, and artists from Team Aloha

Startup Space/General · May 27, 2019 at 3:03am

Startup Space / General · May 27, 2019 at 3:03am (Edited 5 years ago)

Hey guys! Just a quick reach out :)

I am the founder of Aloha, a trending platform for people to book museum tickets and find artists and designers. Right now, we corporate with SFMOMA and The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York

Because this is our pre Beta Product, we actively need you guys' help to build a successful Beta Product which is what we are doing right now. Anyway, do not forget to tell us what you think about this idea!

http://aloha-pro.herokuapp.com

June 10, 2019 at 2:43am

Hi! I've tried visiting both URLs mentioned on the post and they both seem to have issues, neither website has anything on it. I love the idea and I'd love to try it out and give you my honest feedback!

June 10, 2019 at 5:25am

@joshwcorbett Sorry for the late info. We change our website to: http://aloha-pro.herokuapp.com

Appreciate! And we are looking forward to recieve your feedback!

@rieder I think there's a lot that should change regarding the grid and layout. There really should be a hero or a welcome section to introduce them to what the platform is or does, followed by a call to action such as 'sign up'. The grid system is a little funky. I noticed when I opened the hood it looks like a mix of semantic-ui and bootstrap components. Your branding could use a helping hand, it's too concealed, especially the logo(kinda hard to see in the navbar). Your primary colors and fonts need to shine more honestly. I hope my suggestions prove helpful, and for the most part this is a cool site. I don't know if you are, but it looks like you're using multiple css frameworks for this, using one should make it load quicker and have less conflicting styles.

like-fill

June 11, 2019 at 3:37am

Yes thank you so much Josh! Your advices are really insightful! Yes we have to fix some design problems because it is a prototype and we care too much about the functions. We will work on the problems you stated in your messages. Thanks for your time!

BTW may I ask a question apart from design? In terms of the idea, what problems you think for most designers and artists? Find project? Publish own work etc.

Or pain point in general