Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

How to start playing with source code?

How to start playing with source code?

Wekan / General · September 16, 2019 at 1:50pm

Hi, I know that similar question was answered here. But I'm lost. I try to find a way to create some place where will be wekan source code to start playing with. Wiki page platforms I read many times but only I know that there is many paths to install wekan. But I really don't understand how to start.

Normally in many projects I clone git repo and start playing (after some time pull new version etc). But wekan is more complex project so I need some libraries and programs and probably I need some prebuild, build, post build and then view in browser, change something, restart server or do new build or I really don't know. I'm really totaly lost. I think i need Virtualbox then I think I need vagrant. Maybe I need Meteor Bundle maybe not. Then I think I might try to docker. Sandstorm is totaly bad way for me I think. I'm lost.

On production I have snap - and only I know is that in snap is no space to play with.

Could be somewhere some instructions what to do for example in clear new ubuntu (or anything else linux) server?