Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

How to start playing with source code?

How to start playing with source code?

Wekan / General · September 16, 2019 at 1:50pm

Hi, I know that similar question was answered here. But I'm lost. I try to find a way to create some place where will be wekan source code to start playing with. Wiki page platforms I read many times but only I know that there is many paths to install wekan. But I really don't understand how to start.

Normally in many projects I clone git repo and start playing (after some time pull new version etc). But wekan is more complex project so I need some libraries and programs and probably I need some prebuild, build, post build and then view in browser, change something, restart server or do new build or I really don't know. I'm really totaly lost. I think i need Virtualbox then I think I need vagrant. Maybe I need Meteor Bundle maybe not. Then I think I might try to docker. Sandstorm is totaly bad way for me I think. I'm lost.

On production I have snap - and only I know is that in snap is no space to play with.

Could be somewhere some instructions what to do for example in clear new ubuntu (or anything else linux) server?

Load previous messages