Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Production ready alternative to snapd

Production ready alternative to snapd

Wekan / General · February 15, 2020 at 1:51am (Edited 4 years ago)

Hi,

while I would love to install wekan on my server I am struggling on which method I should go for. Snapd is unfortunately not an option because my VPS does not support snapd installations. I have installed docker on my server but within the docs of wekan its sounds like its not a good solution for production deployments. Could someone please tell me which route I should go for or are they any good alternatives?

I am also not a fan of Univention, Sandstorm or paid services.

Regards

February 15, 2020 at 2:28am

Is there some reason you can not change to other server provider where Snapd works?

With Snapd, it updagrades everything: migrates database schema changes, updates node.js, etc all dependencies

It's most trouble free

Some did say that LDAP does not work properly with Docker. It works in Snap.

Docker is much more compilcated tech

Inside strict sandbox of Snap Wekan code can not access files outside of /var/snap/wekan/common directory

Code is set as read only in snap

etc safety features