Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

Wekan watercooler

The Wekan watercooler

Welcome to the Wekan watercooler, a space for general chat with everyone in the community. Jump in to the conversation below or introduce yourself!

Load previous messages

December 31, 2021 at 7:23pm

Anyway, I'm currently in progress of making major backend changes, implementing major features, etc.

Although visually WeKan will still look the same, only some features added

January 1, 2022 at 11:30am

Morning! - Dealbreaker was intended as - "not that important in the scheme" - trust me the effort you put in is valued :-)

I have always had my language set to UK....

root@mike-i3:~# locale LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=en_GB:en LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_ALL=

root@mike-i3:~# date Sat 1 Jan 11:35:05 GMT 2022

thats from my desktop the browser is running on

root@nuc11:~# locale -k LC_TIME abday="Sun;Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat" day="Sunday;Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday" abmon="Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec" mon="January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December" am_pm="am;pm" d_t_fmt="%a %d %b %Y %T %Z" d_fmt="%d/%m/%y" t_fmt="%T" t_fmt_ampm="%l:%M:%S %P %Z" era= era_year="" era_d_fmt="" alt_digits= era_d_t_fmt="" era_t_fmt="" time-era-num-entries=0 time-era-entries="S" week-ndays=7 week-1stday=19971130 week-1stweek=4 first_weekday=2 first_workday=2 cal_direction=1 timezone="" date_fmt="%a %e %b %H:%M:%S %Z %Y" time-codeset="UTF-8" alt_mon="January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December" ab_alt_mon="Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec"

This is from the server with the docker for Wekan running

fwiw it looks the same when I use a browser from Win10 which is also set UK

I am still assuming the underlying issue is the mquandalle failing to load en_gb.js into my browser

Edited

January 2, 2022 at 1:19pm

That language code is from WeKan original creator https://github.com/mquandalle . After him, I continued maintaining WeKan https://github.com/wekan/wekan/wiki/FAQ#what-was-wekan-fork--wefork . Anyway, all that language code will be replaced with some simpler code that I will write sometime.

March 9, 2022 at 4:51pm

Vote for Wekan here, in the Free and Open Source Software Awards: https://www.20i.com/foss-awards/category/project-management

March 2, 2023 at 10:15am

I've just gone to login to my Wekan account on both my smartphone and the webpage and both are saying login forbidden. I've tried resetting my password, but it's saying my account doesn't exist. Have I been deleted?

March 2, 2023 at 1:24pm

@mahoganybomber Please try now again. Thanks!

March 24, 2023 at 5:32pm

Hi. not able to run Wekan on windows(Chrome browser). error attached here. please advise. thanks

Try with Docker using docker-compose.yml from https://github.com/wekan/wekan

Without Docker it should work too, if you have installed required from https://github.com/wekan/wekan/wiki/Offline

April 19, 2023 at 7:52am

Afternoon everyone,

I'm curious, if you have a web Wekan account and use it regularly is it possible to then migrate that account to your own server? Setting up my server is taking longer than I thought it would and I don't want to get too used to using the web Wekan account if it means I'll have to just re-do everything when my Wekan instance is running.