Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Wekan

Wekan is an open-source kanban board (Trello like) which allows a card-based task and to-do management.

Wekan / General

What's the "grain" mean?

What's the "grain" mean?

Wekan / General · April 7, 2020 at 1:32am

I'm fine-tuning Traditional Chinese translation at this moment. I don't really understand the following sentence.

Do not delete data you import from original exported board or Trello before checking does this grain close and open again, or do you get Board not found error, that means data loss.

Does anyone know what's the grain meaning?

April 7, 2020 at 9:02am

grain is Sandstorm container, similar to Docker or Snap container. Sandstorm grains are only running when some user is using them. When nobody uses grains, grain is shutdown and does not use any CPU or RAM resources. https://sandstorm.io

like-fill

For Finnish translation, I did translate "grain" to "jyvä", that is same as seed that is put to ground and it will grow as some kind of food etc at countriside, it then will be harvested

Although not everyone translates that, if there is no suitable translation, because grain is also Sandstorm-specific word with specific meaning

so some translation leave it as "grain"

but for Finnish talking people, it's easier to explain as translated word, because not everyone can speak English

actually, it probably is more like sand-grain, like there is grains of sand at desert