Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Startup Space

Startup Space is a community for startup owners and workers. Ask or share anything related Startup topic.

Startup Space / General

Has anyone built a successful pit deck?

Has anyone built a successful pit deck?

Startup SpaceΒ /Β GeneralΒ Β·Β March 27, 2019 at 12:09am

I'm at a point in my startup where I require investors, therefore, it's time for me to take my startup to the next level by building our first pitch deck. If anyone has experience in this please share, thank you.

Load previous messages

March 28, 2019 at 2:36am

Thats impressive Matt. I am currently seeking funding for Automatio.co

Edited

if you can introduce to someone or help, let me know

April 2, 2019 at 2:29pm

that is awesome @matttharp ! Do you think that less groundbreaking technologies like a Private clinic management tool could be interesting for the likes of ycombinator? Sure, we're saying that it's going to be a great piece of software but it's nothing unseen. If not where would you knock with something like this? Thanks a lot

like-fill

April 4, 2019 at 8:22pm

that is awesome @matttharp ! Do you think that less groundbreaking technologies like a Private clinic management tool could be interesting for the likes of ycombinator? Sure, we're saying that it's going to be a great piece of software but it's nothing unseen. If not where would you knock with something like this? Thanks a lot

I don't feel qualified to speak for all incubators, but from what I've seen they like higher risk/reward scenarios which tend to be more groundbreaking/novel.

It really depends on where you're at with your business. If you have tapped into a novel approach to customer acquisition, or have found a unique way to convert existing private clinics to your tech - you can leverage this acquisition advantage to raise $. The solution itself doesn't have to be groundbreaking if some other aspect of the business is.

Would really need to know more to recommend anything.

like-fill

thanks so much @matttharp I'll continue with the product and I'll get in touch with you for a discussion if you'll have the time. It's too early at this point

April 15, 2019 at 11:41pm

@fahimmd Here is a great example of a Series A pitch deck used by Front https://medium.com/@collinmathilde/front-series-a-deck-f2e2775a419b

like-fill

This is a great model for someone with users and a certain amount of growth, but the bigger picture take-aways are clear:

• emphasize metrics to show you are analyzing everything about your business. This is critical, even if it's early and you don't have tons of data.
                • Show proof - not just ideas. Acquisition channel proof, use of capital, low churn...etc.

Check out her other posts, she provides great insights on their fund raising process.

May 6, 2019 at 6:59am

@kinderminder @fahimmd @matttharp Hey guys! Would love to ask a question about building MVP. We all that MVP starts from a few simple feature. What you expect from the MVP? Since it is simple and may be crappy, will it affect our feedback even if the idea works? In other word, at which point you can say "emmm this idea will work"

May 6, 2019 at 10:05am

i have problem building MVP πŸ€ͺ, but i think its something which should be enough for someone to make value / save time / make money. And in same time have some return on you, either user feedback or early profit πŸ’°

May 6, 2019 at 3:02pm

Yes exactly! At least gaining some info. I have a friend who is going to go YC 2019S. He told me that profit is very very difficult in the early stage

unless your product is hot or you are a coding genius

@kinderminder Why you have a problem building MVP? I saw your current project (the API one). That is a pretty good idea

in terms of building it or getting early customers (selling it)

May 7, 2019 at 12:03am

@kinderminder Why you have a problem building MVP? I saw your current project (the API one). That is a pretty good idea

it's cause i like to explore and do more projects at once, and sometimes we build some prototype which have more features then its need for MVP, which are untested and not ready for public or at least mass usage

I said i have problem with MVP, cause I always want more. Same in life, if I need to run one circle, i will run two ... idk why, probably have built in hardwork, which doesn't end smart always